Monday, July 2, 2012

Dear Joe Gripp........

Dear Joe Gripp,

I will be boarding the Allure of the Seas later this month. There will be two formal nights. How formal is "Formal Night?"

Thanks for your help Joe Gipp.

Chrissy from Long Island








Dear Chrissy,

My advice is to take the following into consideration:

It is what it is. But it will be what you make of it.

My traveling companions and I have been on several cruises, through varying cruise-lines. Believe me, we have seen it all. Beaded floor length gowns, ultra mini dresses, jeans, flip flops, sneakers, suits and tuxedos. Not to mention men wearing tuxedos and flip flops at the same time.

Ultimately, it is your vacation, and you can dress up or down as you see fit.

Things to keep in mind:

Some cruise lines will not allow you in the dining room if you are not within acceptable limits of what they think is acceptable. A bathing suit and hawaiian shirt is not considered acceptable dining room attire.

Don't become angry if you are wearing a very formal gown, and the person next to you is in sneakers. It's thier vacation also.

Gentlemen can get away with wearing the same suit twice. No one will notice!


Don't be afraid to change into something less formal after dinner. Everyone else does.

I hope my suggestions help. Enjoy your cruise.

Bon voyage!

Joe Gripp

No comments:

Post a Comment